Saturday, September 13, 2008

tick.tock.tick.tock

the countdown continues!

as of right now:

17 days!!!

things are happening- fast!
**if you have no idea what im talking about........then your lame, and you shouldn't be reading my blog anyway...but i just cant seem to turn down a reader..even if you are behind on the times! so go ahead and chatch up here, and Here, and Here.**


mom and dad bought me a eye mask for on the plane -how thoughtful - even in a dark shade of blue- perfect for dreams about cotton candy and rocket ships-

im starting to get nervous though!

i did [finally] get my hands on Harry Potter 7 on CD - so exciting! i have read the book, but i wont listen to it till i get on the plane!

for some reason, i seem to be dreading packing--

i think the nerves are showing their feelings for a few reasons:

  • besides my 3 month vacation "working" for disneyworld one fine summer, this 22 day holiday in holland trip seems to be a long one.
  • will i really be able to fit all i need for 22 days into a suitcase?
  • will lambie get air-sick from being in the air for 14hours?!
  • i havent seen my buddies Tess and Becky for a while now (duh, they have been in holland for almost a year now!)... i hope they still think im funny! (wait a second... EVERYONE thinks im hillarious, i have nothing to worry about..right?!)
  • will hoovie and LB miss me when i am gone?
  • what if i dont like the food-i hope i can be brave and try new things!
  • for some strange reason, i just hope the people there wont look at me, roll their eyes and say "tourist" under their breath-

anyway a lot of holland thoughts on my mind---


with all of my nervs out of the way: i am SO excited for everything- we have been planning like crazy on google documents, (so perfect for this type of situation!) - we have some great things planned!

ok- time to sleep--- hopefully get some good [well needed] REM's in!

5 comments:

Tessalulale said...

I can totally understand you being nervous! First time in Europe and everything! Here is what I think...
*Once you are here those 22 days will fly! We will be traveling and having so much fun you will wish you had more time!
*You are a rockin' packer I am sure. You can fit everything into 1suitcase if you try! We have washers and dryers! You can do your laundry here! Promise!
*Maybe if Lambie sleeps on the plane there will be no sickness!
*I think you are funny still! I couldn't chose a better person to come visit! Thats how excited I am!
*Hoovie and LB Will miss you because you are their big sister, but you can Skype call them EVERYDAY if you like! Besides think of what an adventurous example you are being to them!
*The food isn't THAT different. So if you aren't brave enough to try something new...then DONT! We won't let you starve!
*If you don't want to look like a tourist then I can try to speak Dutch everywhere we go. Though, I think that will draw more attention since my dutch is soo horrible! Haha If you walk around like you know the place no one will notice or bother you! Becky and I have been here long enough to help with that one. Though London and Paris might be different! hehe

Tessalulale said...

Wow that was a LONG comment!!! SORRY

Beckysue.sweet said...

With your skinny jeans and chill look... you wont look like a tourist... and people are nice to tourist's here.. its paris that I worry about! hahahahaha!!!! Yeah you're really small... and you dont need to bring that much I promise! So you should be just fine on the packing! The time will so fly! I mean we've been here since January and it doenst seem so long! I cant wait for you to come! Oh and your comment on being not funny... so TMHBL!!!!!

twink said...

Rach,

Just a suggestion when we went to Washington we got those bags at walmart that you can stuff things in and they shrink ! It was amazing ! you can shrink big coats to the size of a shoe, and we even shrunk some stuffed animals. No i'm not suggesting at all that you shrink lammie. Good luck

Miss. Shanna

Unknown said...

I am so freaking excited for you to go! I did the whole backpacking through Europe thing last summer and lived out of a suitcase for 20 something days.
Just buy some travel size detergent and wash your vitals like shirts, camis, underoos, and whatever and let them dry overnight.
Weigh your suitcase before you go! My empty suitcase weighed a ton so packed with all my goodies I don't know how I didn't have to pay a million dollars to bring it back.
My friend packed an empty bag in her carry on so on the way back it was her "personal" item and it weighed at least 25 pounds.

You're going to have to much fun! I'm so jealous...need additional travel tips...you know where to find me! (that's going to be a commercial really soon...you'll see)